Friday, March 14, 2014

LOVE? NO!

So many times people say they don't want to love again, the fear of loving and getting hurt makes so many to run away from this feeling called LOVE. But truth be told; we cannot run away from love because that is how we're created! We are created to want or desire love, attention, companionship, care from the opposite sex and so on.



This article is to help someone to see love differently and fall in love rightly again. Before falling in love with someone, you have to put some factors into consideration. Know the meaning of love and how can you know the meaning when you don't know where it comes from, the source, you need to know the originator. Simply put, God is love (1John 4:8b). If you don't come to the knowledge of this, you might not be able to receive love nor love very well because you won't know that if God can love us so well, we ought to love one another (1John 4:11).

Agape love is the selfless, sacrificial, unconditional love God has for us; Philia which is the brotherly love to others; Eros which is the physical, sensual love between a husband and wife and Storge is the family love, love for brothers, mother, father, sister and so on. For the purpose of this article, I'll be talking about Eros.

 So first and foremost, understand that God is love, and in Him alone can you find love. A man/woman that does not love God will not love you well!

 Secondly, I have come to notice that many a times people tend to forget themselves in the game of relationship, we love the significant other so much and forget to love ourselves too. When was the last time you said to yourself "I LOVE YOU"? We deserve our own love and respect.

 For years, I did not really understand that if I was truly loving all of myself, every part of myself, I would not allow myself or anybody else to mistreat me. If you love yourself; then you won't allow any Tom, Jack and Harry to make your heart a playground, you will set rules, you won't compromise and you will have self esteem. Lastly, you must know the meaning of love or falling in love. The following are some of the meaning of 'I love you', it means that:

1. I accept you for the person that you are, and that I do not wish to change you into someone else but help you amend if need arise.

2. I will love you and stand by you even through the worst of times. It means loving you when you’re in a bad mood or too tired to do things somethings. It means loving you when you’re down, not just when you’re fun to be with.

 3. I know your deepest secrets and do not judge you for them, asking in return only that you do not judge me for mine. 4. I'm ready to trust you, to show I care enough to fight for what we have and that I love you enough not to never let go.

 5. I think of you, dream of you, want and need you constantly, hoping you feel the same way for me. There is a difference between friendship and love, friendship does not involve serious emotional attachment but once you confess love then; the expectations become extraordinary, supernatural and spiritual. Therefore we should fall in love cautiously, don't confess love for another if your soul and spirit are not part of the process and do not accept a proposal out of pity.

A clear rejection is far much better than a fake promise. Once you fall in love there is no way you can fall out of love because it will stay in your mind, heart and soul for the rest of your life, so think well before you say or fall in love. Like my pastor will say, there is more to love than the feeling, it is also a decision! A decision to be with that person good or bad.

 Confession: I am lovely Prayer: Lord I receive help to deal with past pain and hurt. Open my heart to love you, to love and be loved.

 Culled from Oluwatoyin Adebowale KEY ©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment